Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's all in how you ask!





So, you all know me as level headed,a fair player, a rule follower right? Well, as some as you know, I do have this ONE little, you might say, "quirk". It's not all that terrible if you are aware of it, but interesting sometimes if you aren't. You could say I have a little trouble with anyone saying DON"T or NO to me. This has always been the case. Tell me I can't beat someone in a race... I am there. Tell me not to walk through a puddle...well you get the point. It's not that you can't tell me "No", it's just how it is presented to me. It is also not because I am being stubborn,I really just can't help it. Let's say a certain husband,the names are left out to protect the innocent, says one fine day very early on in his marriage, "NO Do not buy apples". Innocent enough , right? Well,"said" husband might have come home to several large boxes of apples on the counter. So, my precious family knowing this through out the years, have used this to their advantage off and on for good and evil. I was borrowing Matt's car the other day and right before I drive out, my sweet son says "Oh,Mom don't touch the mustache." Well,I looked down at the gear shift and sure enough there sat a big black hairy thing. Well, you know the story by the pictures,I did not even get to the end of the road before I was holding that silly thing up to my face. When I came home later that night,the first thing out of Matt's mouth was " So,Mom,did you touch my mustache?

5 comments:

Gail said...

Good to hear from you! You are too funny! Had a fun time putting the girls to bed tonight while Jay and Rach were out to dinner. Sure glad they met and married! They made some super cute babies!!

Sami said...

Hahahaha oh mom! I had to laugh so hard when I read this because it is so true! I also had to laugh because why did Matt have a mustache on his gear shift?

Matt said...

Why wouldn't I have a mustache by the gear shift? Maybe it's just there to tempt people to put it on. Or maybe there is a far more secret reason...

Unknown said...

Mom, you are so AWESOME!

Roger Siemers said...

Well said husband has tried numerous times to use the "do not do that reverse mustache" suggestion but said wife has never responded. She is not only too cute but also too smart!!!!!

Followers