Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy and Healthy 2012


I love the start of a new year. It's a beautiful time to reflect, reevaluate, purge and add. It means that Spring is only a few short months away. But, I know full well that you can't move on without appreciating what you are leaving behind. This picture was made by my sweet Carolyn for me for Christmas. Carolyn's Aunt Jeanie made all of these precious scarves, that Carolyn shared with all of my girls. This picture represents love, support, tenderness and the amazing blessing of having daughters. This brings me to the "leaving" behind part. To me, cancer was like a tornado. There is no warning before a tornado strikes. There is very little time to prepare for the destruction it leaves in it's path. It's hard to find a safe place to hide. It sucks you into it's terrible motion and tosses you about at it's will. When the storm runs it's course, some things are left standing and some things are no longer. Things in your life have significantly changed. Change, is not necessarily a bad thing.
I have been shown how much I am loved.
I am happier.
I laugh out loud more.
I cry more in public.
I talk to my Heavenly Father more.
I have a greater awareness of time.
I have become extremely relationship sensitive.
I more easily recognize miracles.
I am supported and loved and very, very blessed.
I am looking forward to a BEAUTIFUL new year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You always have been and always will be an incredible inspiration to so many. I am so grateful to be your daughter. I love you, Mom!

Sami said...

I love you very much mom. You have always been my example.

Rachel said...

I am so grateful for you in my life. I married into the best. What a blessing to be part of this wonderful, amazing, sweet family. I am thankful every day that Heavenly Father found me fit enough to have you divine women to look up to, follow, and emulate. May I one day live up to the women you already are. Thank you Mom, Lee, Tam, Sam, Carolyn. You really are inspiring in my life of womanhood, motherhood, wifism and daughterdom.

Gail said...

Carolyn, you are amazing! So positive--a great example to me.

Followers