Friday, December 5, 2008

Boys will be boys




This is such a beautiful time of year. My guys seem to be extra sweet to me as the holidays roll around. My two favorite things are ...my lights around the house and my wreath on the front door. I never have to ask for the lights. The day after Thanksgiving my guys, including my sweet Jason, have always just put up the lights for me. When I was a young girl and my home life was less than perfect, I would love to leave the house around dusk, with all of it's hush and quite and run in the neighborhood. I loved looking in the windows as I ran on the streets. I could see the lights on and people cooking or eating dinner or whatever. As I ran, I imagined that there was a happy little family in there with everyone feeling safe and loved. With this vision in my mind as I married and had my little family this is what I tried to create. A sweet family always feeling safe and loved. I am sure if my children were asked, they would agree that that they felt safe and soooo loved. What they might not know though, is how safe and loved they have always made me feel.

3 comments:

Athack77 said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I'm glad you looked me up. I can't believe how big Matt is!! Maybe I'm getting old-er, LOL. We'll see you guys in a couple weeks when we come for Christams. Tell Roger we said hi!

Sami said...

Yay! The lights look nice! =)I can't wait to come home and see them!

Laurel and co. said...

Honey I'm soo glad you have a blog! and that you found mine. You cease to amaze me. I read the things you write and all I can think is what an amazing spiritual giant you are. I was so bumbed that I missed you when we were there for thanksgiving. You may never know what an amazing imprint you have left in my life. I absolutely adore you!! Miss you and love you!

Followers