Monday, December 15, 2008

A t Long Last


The crib is set up and Nana can't wait to hold our new little Chase Matthew Siemers.
I am going crazy knowing he is just a few short hours from me. What a precious blessing each new family member is to me. What a precious blessing EACH family member is to me.
Any one who knows me at all, knows that the word in-laws is not in my vocabulary. Family is family and that is that. I love the Thompsons, I love the Parks. They are my family, they are my friends. I want to hang out with them.
I especially love and appreciate our sweet Rachel at this time. Rachel is also all about family. First of all, she is a beautiful person, smart and accomplished. She is an incredible wife and an awesome mother. I never have to give Jason or the kids a thought because I know they are so well loved and cared for. She is full of energy and makes sure I am included in just about every aspect of their lives. She keeps me updated about my sweet grand children, she keeps in touch with extended family,aunts, uncles, siblings and great grand parents alike. She includes me on trips and ideas. She tells me when she is grouchy or mad. She shares when she is happy or manic feeling. She allows me the same. She is a delight in my life. How blessed am I?

5 comments:

Jason Siemers said...

(Rachel) Oh mom...I love you.

Athack77 said...

I agree...I love Carolyn too. Congrats on your newest grand-baby. I hope to see some pictures soon.

Laurel and co. said...

You're easy to love, my dear Carolyn. She sounds like such a delight. Merry Christmas to you and all your sweet family.

Gail said...

It's nice to hear such wonderful things about Rachel! I know all those things are true, but so glad others appreciate her! I agree with your comment about "in-laws." We are so blessed with wonderful families our daughters have married into!

KH said...

Hello Carolyn, Rachel's gamma here in NY buried under snow and cold. What a wonderful tribute to our lovely Rachel but the same could be said of Jason. It is such a blessing to know my girls married great men and their children are following in their footsteps. as a couple don't they make beautiful, intelligent babies.

Followers